Gillingham Forum - Millwall manager says Rochdale fans .......
Vital Football

Latest Gillingham FC News

Gillingham Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
No poll
Suggested By:
True75%
False!25%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Wayne.Kerr91
2.madrid_gill90
3.jokerman82
4.LSB276
5.LancsGordoRoad73
6.Baghdad_Rob56
7.Razorpound56
8.nibbles54
9.Nobby_6652
10.chris who51
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2):
Millwall manager says Rochdale fans .......
07 February 2018 10:16 Post ID: #77265
Statue outside the ground
... were a disgrace. This was after a number of home fans celebrated their cup win (last night) on the pitch after the final whistle and some even dared to walk over to the Millwall fans and apparently goaded them. Millwall fans were, apparently impressively restrained.

Of course, I don`t condone anyone entering the field of play, but the comments from Harris are truly worthy of a gold medal in the Pot & Kettle Olympics.

Anyone else feel really sorry for Millwall ???

Edited by LancsGordoRoad 7/2/2018 10:18
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
07 February 2018 10:29 Post ID: #77269 - in reply to #77265
First-team novice
Ha ha ha - the bloody irony. Great bunch of loveable, friendly Cockney lads from the Old Kent Road. Harris really is a bad loser.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 10:30 Post ID: #77270 - in reply to #77265
Breaking into the reserves
Awwww poor little Millwall my heart bleeds for them.

Harris is always stoking up his own fans with comments like he wanted there to be a ''hostile'' atmosphere when Ian Holloway came back to the Den recently with QPR.

Shoes on the other foot now and Harris doesn't like it.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 10:36 Post ID: #77271 - in reply to #77265
Milwall host Cardiff City on Friday night. Harris might have another set of fans to moan about.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 10:42 Post ID: #77272 - in reply to #77265
The trouble with a lot of these interviews is that the interviewer asks a loaded question to which there is only one answer.

A pitch invasion in which the opposition fans are goaded sounds like fair game to be labelled disgraceful behaviour.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 11:02 Post ID: #77273 - in reply to #77265
'Arris, doesn't that mean 'arse'??
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 11:11 Post ID: #77275 - in reply to #77272
nibbles - 7/2/2018 10:42

The trouble with a lot of these interviews is that the interviewer asks a loaded question to which there is only one answer.

A pitch invasion in which the opposition fans are goaded sounds like fair game to be labelled disgraceful behaviour.

True, nibbles. However, take a look at some of Harris`s comments on-line, he`s pretty unequivocal. But it`s the astounding irony which makes this so funny .
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 12:07 Post ID: #77291 - in reply to #77265
Absolute legend
Millwall are a club in denial about their hoolie problem and full of massive double standards and hypocrisy. Whenever there are issues they always play it down and blame others. As a club, their management and executives, talk about wiping out hooliganism and being a family club, whilst revelling in their hoolie image, producing merchandise and the like glorifying it.

They'll never change - they have an element which is rotten to the core and it seems that, as club, they'll carry on making excuses for their fans behaviour, whilst glorifying their reputation. Getting all high and mighty and pious about the violent and nasty Rochdale crew is a new one though!
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 12:21 Post ID: #77292 - in reply to #77291
First-team novice
Spot on Mr Treacle. A club that has had a bad hooligan element for many years and does nothing to prevent it but talks a load of hot air. Poor Millwall fans - taunted by the Rochdale Massive - more like a few 12 year olds laughing at Millwall. Lets face it since when did mighty Rochdale have a firm, certainly never seen any problems when we have gone there?
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 12:35 Post ID: #77293 - in reply to #77292
Pot and Kettle. Disgusting behaviour from Harris recently, stoking up hatred towards Holloway ahead of their game at the Den v QPR (as Bromley said). In denial about similar behaviour by their scum at Wembley when their trash gurned in the faces of Bradford players. In the lead up he encouraged them to be hostile.

As ST says, whole club is in denial.

Bloody hilarious that they lost.

I must admit that I've been childish enough to ask the Millwall "fans" at my school if they've got their Spurs tickets yet.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 12:49 Post ID: #77297 - in reply to #77265
Absolute legend
Although another pot, kettle, black scenario has also struck me (more of a one -off one though) in that Rochdale were unhappy at Gills fans pitch invasion after we beat them in the play-off semi a few years ago.

Another is that Harris and Millwall as a club didn't bat en eyelid (and their club in fact made no mention at all) of their fans getting tickets in the home end, invading the pitch and causing trouble in the match v us two seasons ago. To be fair, it was fairly minor in the scheme of things (but GFC took it seriously) - the fact that they didn't care at all or make any statement about it sums up their denial attitude and it's hilarious that they are now whining about an equally if not more minor incident instigated by those nasty Rochdale ultras!
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 12:51 Post ID: #77298 - in reply to #77265
Simple deflection. The issue is dumped out of the cup by a lower league club... so change the issue.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 13:24 Post ID: #77303 - in reply to #77297
SteveTreacle - 7/2/2018 12:49
Another is that Harris and Millwall as a club didn't bat en eyelid (and their club in fact made no mention at all) of their fans getting tickets in the home end, invading the pitch and causing trouble in the match v us two seasons ago.

To be fair, Gillingham fans that day were just as bad if you like. The only people I saw invade the pitch were Gills fans when they found out Millwall fans were in our end (Millwall being given an allocation of about 1,000 last game of the season was a bad idea) and when Egan scored to make it 1-1 a load of ours ran on and goaded the Millwall keeper Archer, remember seeing bottles thrown at him. Gillingham fans were then fighting with themselves in the Rainham End with one bloke streaming with blood. Also at Gillingham train station after the game a few Millwall fans I know that went said they had a bottle of vodka lobbed at them by Gills fans. Of course Millwall fans were playing up as usual, but we definitely weren't innocent!

But...you're right in general that Harris is so biased towards Millwall it's beyond belief, the way he sucks up to their fans makes me sick. I note that there's a number of 'Wall fans pissed off with Harris today though at the second string team he put out v Rochdale which was arrogant and backfired. Their fans were desperate for a home cup tie v Spurs, what a shame.

Edited by Bromley_GFC 7/2/2018 13:28
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 13:44 Post ID: #77305 - in reply to #77265
In the stands
I remember that game against Millwall a couple of years ago. I remember wondering why Millwall fans are always allowed in with the home fans and why nothing is ever done when they reveal themselves.

Don't we have a rule at the club that states that no away fans are allowed in with the home fans, they have to go in the allocated away seats, is that right? If we have this rule why don't we have a away of enforcing it? I just remember a load of people in high-vis jackets looking and pointing, but otherwise doing bugger all about it...until fighting breaks out, at which point it's too late!
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 14:13 Post ID: #77308 - in reply to #77305
RainhamGill - 7/2/2018 13:44

I remember that game against Millwall a couple of years ago. I remember wondering why Millwall fans are always allowed in with the home fans and why nothing is ever done when they reveal themselves.

Don't we have a rule at the club that states that no away fans are allowed in with the home fans, they have to go in the allocated away seats, is that right? If we have this rule why don't we have a away of enforcing it? I just remember a load of people in high-vis jackets looking and pointing, but otherwise doing bugger all about it...until fighting breaks out, at which point it's too late!

Yes the sign is clear in big capital letters as fans walk into the ground at Priestfield that any away fans found in the home will be ejected. The stewards/Police bottle it against the likes of Millwall/Leeds though!!

I also think this new pattern of housing away fans in the Gordon Road stand will ultimately lead to problems as Gills fans walk past them to exit the ground. There was a Fleetwood fan mouthing off there in our last home game being told to ''calm down'' by his mates as they conceded a last minute goal to us, obviously goading between Gills and Fleetwood fans in this part of the GRS followed.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 14:26 Post ID: #77314 - in reply to #77265
In the stands
What about when Charlton came to Priestfield earlier this season, were there any away fans in the wrong place then? Was there any trouble?
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 14:27 Post ID: #77315 - in reply to #77303
Absolute legend
Bromley_GFC - 7/2/2018 13:24

SteveTreacle - 7/2/2018 12:49
Another is that Harris and Millwall as a club didn't bat en eyelid (and their club in fact made no mention at all) of their fans getting tickets in the home end, invading the pitch and causing trouble in the match v us two seasons ago.

To be fair, Gillingham fans that day were just as bad if you like. The only people I saw invade the pitch were Gills fans when they found out Millwall fans were in our end (Millwall being given an allocation of about 1,000 last game of the season was a bad idea) and when Egan scored to make it 1-1 a load of ours ran on and goaded the Millwall keeper Archer, remember seeing bottles thrown at him. Gillingham fans were then fighting with themselves in the Rainham End with one bloke streaming with blood. Also at Gillingham train station after the game a few Millwall fans I know that went said they had a bottle of vodka lobbed at them by Gills fans. Of course Millwall fans were playing up as usual, but we definitely weren't innocent!

But...you're right in general that Harris is so biased towards Millwall it's beyond belief, the way he sucks up to their fans makes me sick. I note that there's a number of 'Wall fans pissed off with Harris today though at the second string team he put out v Rochdale which was arrogant and backfired. Their fans were desperate for a home cup tie v Spurs, what a shame.

All true, although from where I sat in the GRS, there were Millwall fans who run on the pitch at the end (albeit from Gills stands) and there were punch ups instigated by and involving Millwall fans. Not denying there was bad behaviour from Gills fans on the day - the difference is, our club investigated, took it seriously, made statements about it and have set out measures for it not to happen again. No one from Millwall made any mention of it - I guess that's partly because it's expected from them, but mainly as we've said all along, the club are in complete denial and generally ignore, deny or downplay any trouble they cause.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2):
Jump to forum:
Gillingham Fixtures  >>